Testing Coordinator Job Description
We are looking for Testing Coordinators to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities during the testing season, months March-July. Testing Coordinator responsibilities include using the tools developed by Homeschool Testing Services and implementing a successful testing event. Testing Coordinators maintain the management of their testing event from beginning to end.
Testing Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation, management and overseeing the daily operations of the testing event:
- Establishing the testing event and enforcing proper testing methods, policies and principles established by Homeschool Testing Services.
- Find enough proctors to help with testing event, a suggested example below
- K – 3rd grades = 1 proctor per 10 students
- 4th – 7th grades = 1 proctor per grade
- 8th – 12th grades = 1 proctor per room
- You may proctor as the Testing Coordinator
- Please note: Proctors are NOT paid by Homeschool Testing Services.
- Event location, date, time and an idea of proctors must be done FIRST.
- Monitor testing event throughout testing to ensure that all requirements are made and enforce proper testing methods, policies and principles
- Find suitable, safe, comfortable testing event. Children need to be able to test in environments that are:
- of a comfortable climate
- of a suitable time of testing
If we find that your testing event has not met these requirements we may request that the following year will not be held there.
- Distribute testing waiver, gathered for every child under the age of 18, include in return package to HTS.
- Must go through all required testing training given by Homeschool Testing Services.
- Monitoring and overseeing communication to customer (parent); typically, on a small-scale need.
Testing Coordinators must be organized, administrative, able to problem-solve, and work well with others and must have good communication skills to inform families of their expectations.
- Proven working experience as Teacher, Teacher Assistant or Event Coordinator working with children.
- Must have a four-year college degree (B.S. or B.A.) in any discipline.
- Must fulfill one of the following training obligations:
- Current certification as a teacher in any state and experience in administering standardized achievement tests; or
- At least one full year’s experience as a classroom teacher in a traditional school setting (should include experience administering standardized tests); or
- Completion of training video which will be provided by Homeschool Testing Services.
If you are administering a test in Florida you must have a teaching certification.
Payment and Incentives:
Homeschool Testing Services does not pay for: Proctors, event location fees, liability insurance, security guards.
Homeschool Testing Services pays for Testing Coordinators only.
$10 per total test up to quantity 49. Once you reach 50 tests you will receive $11 per total test up to quantity 99. Once you reach 100 tests you will receive $12 per total test.
Please see example below if there is any confusion:
Quantity: 49 = $490 Quantity: 50 = $550 Quantity: 99 = $1,089 Quantity: 100 = $1,200
In order to receive payment Homeschool Testing Services’ accounting team will request personal information, including SSN, for Direct Deposit via secure forms.