CTP Online Information
CTP Online Comprehensive Assessment
- The CTP is a rigorous assessment for high achieving students.
- Nationally Normed 2018 standardized achievement test.
- Independently Normed on a revolving 3 years average.
Timed Test: CTP is automatically timed online.
Grades: 3rd-10th Grade
Test Online at home on your own computer or Chromebook.
- Test up to 2 students per session.
- Each student needs their own computer or Chromebook equipped with Zoom, a camera, and a microphone.
- An adult must remain at home while the student is testing to troubleshoot any computer problems.
Test @ Home
- Each student needs a quiet space to test for up to 5 hours - 2 test days.
- Adequate internet connection is needed, ethernet cable preferred.
- No degree required by the parent or guardian.
- Professionally proctored online.
- Comprehensive Individual Student Report (click to view sample)
- Lexile and Quantile Scores
- Results posted within 72 hours
- Confidential results
- Results Counselling available Summer 2021 upon request (click to be put on list)
CTP Online is an Adaptive Test
As the student works to complete the test the questions get easier or harder depending on how the student does on the 1st half of each subtest.
CTP contains Depth of Knowledge Questions
Each question has been classified according to its cognitive ability and classified in one of three levels of depth. A test question could:
- Ask the student to recall simple facts.
- Require the student to make decisions about a problem.
- Ask a student to analyze information about a question.
CTP has 2 Reasoning Subtests
Reasoning: problem solving and abstract concepts.
- Verbal Reasoning: The ability to analyze information and draw logical inferences, to recognize analogical verbal relationships, and to generalize verbal categorical attributes.
- Quantitative Reasoning: The ability to analyze mathematical concepts and principles, to generalize, and to compare quantities mathematically.
CTP has 6 Achievement Subtests
Achievement: application of learning.
- Vocabulary: Recognition and understanding of a wide range of grade-appropriate vocabulary and use of context clues to determine meaning. (4th-10th Grade Only)
- Reading Comprehension: Comprehension of written material, including recall of information, identifying of main ideas, and hypothesizing using information from passages.
- Writing Mechanics: Understanding of spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and usage conventions.
- Writing Concepts and Skills: Understanding of the components of effective written composition.
- Mathematics: Conceptual understanding of mathematics, application of mathematical knowledge to solve problems, and the ability to compute or estimate solutions.
- Science: Understanding scientific process skills, energy, forces and motion, space systems, physical and chemical properties, the living environment and the living organism.
- Auditory Comprehension: Pre-reading vocabulary and comprehension of orally presented material, understanding of stated information, the ability to determine the gist of short passages, and the ability to infer information based on these passages. (3rd Grade Only)
- Algebra I*: Skills typically taught in Algebra I with emphasis on problem-solving and operations with variables, equations, and algebraic geometry. (7th-9th Grade Only) *Additional Fee
CTP Online Steps
Step 2: Download the ERB Secure Browser
Step 3: Register for Testing
Step 4: Watch: Parent Orientation Video
Step 5: Setup Testing Space
Step 6: Student takes the Mandatory Test Tutorial
Print 1 Student Log for Each Student Testing:
ERB (Educational Records Bureau) is a not-for-profit organization providing admission and achievement assessment as well as instructional services for PreK – Grade 12. For almost 90 years, and with over 2,000 member schools and districts around the world, ERB continues to be a trusted source to inform admission decisions and/or to support curriculum and instruction.
Collaborating with both independent and public schools around the world to build communities, guide instruction, and put assessment insights into action, ERB is dedicated to supporting student learning.