Stanford-10 Online Testing
This test may be perfect for you if you…
- Do not want to proctor.
- Want to build your student’s test taking skills with the fast-growing laptop-based format
- Need to meet state standards
- Want the quickest way to receive results
- Want to test in the comfort of your home
- Want an untimed test
As a test aligned to national standards, Stanford-10 Online not only offers the home educator information about their student's achievement, but also provides comparisons based on nationwide test results.
ONLINE TESTING STEPS:
Depending on your location, choose one of the links below.
The unique ID number must be used to log into the online test. This ID can be found in a detailed email confirmation you will receive within three (3) days after completing your online registration.
COMPUTER SET UP
Set up your computer at least 24 hours before the Mandatory Student Orientation. Download the Pearson Browser at pearson.programworkshop.com
Make sure you have a quiet, distraction-free space set up for testing.
For step by step set up directions and pinning the browser see: Stanford-10 Secure Browser
MANDATORY STUDENT ORIENTATION
The purpose for the mandatory orientation is to minimize preventable navigation and technical issues on test day.
An email will be sent out by 10:15am EST on your Orientation date.
- Orientation Date: Monday of the week of testing - some exclusions to holidays, please check the confirmation email for details.
- Time: Anytime between 11am-2pm EST or 5pm-7pm EST.
Requirements: At least 24 hours before orientation the Pearson Browser must be downloaded to your computer. The email will include a short orientation video for parents and students to watch as well as, the session numbers for the practice test.
Upon completion of the orientation video please log into the Pearson Secure Browser to have your student take the practice test.
*Because the delivery system is updated periodically, previous testers will also need to ensure their system requirements are up to date.
TESTING DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Ensure your student has successfully completed the mandatory practice test during orientation.
An email will be sent out by 10:15am EST on your Testing Day.
- Log in time: On Test day Log into the Pearson Browser between 10:30am-12:00pm EST.
- Testing Start Time: Testing must begin by 12:15pm EST. Students will not be admitted after 12:15pm EST.
- Testing Day Schedule: The testing window is available from 10:30am EST to 5pm EST.
THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE:
Non - physical things to bring: A good attitude, positive self-talk, a good night sleep, healthy breakfast in the stomach.
Physical things to have: Calculator, Scrap Paper, Lunch/Snack, Water.
**A four-function calculator (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) is needed for students in ninth through twelfth grades taking the Stanford-10. Calculator apps or calculators on phones or electronic devices may NOT be used.
You will receive an automated email approximately within 72 hours to let you know your student test results are ready. Your results will remain confidential and secure on your Homeschool Testing Services account.
HOW TO INTERPRET RESULTS:
Click the button below to view the Score Report Abbreviation Chart.